Our FMEA Software is included in the FMECA Module of Reliability Workbench which provides the full framework and reporting facilities to allow users to construct process and design FMEAs as well as commercial aircraft.
What is FMEA?
A Failure Mode & Effects Analysis is a step-by-step approach for identifying all possible failures in a design, a manufacturing or assembly process, or a product or service.
Process and Design FMEA
Process and Design FMEAs provide an alternative approach to performing a Failure Mode and Effect Analysis. Occurrence, severity and detection rankings replace apportionments and failure rates. Risk Priority Numbers (RPN) are calculated by multiplying the severity, occurrence and detection ranking numbers together.
Commercial Aircraft FMEA
Commercial Aircraft FMEAs are a special format of FMEA allowing users to define failure modes and effects at unit, system, engine and aircraft level.
FMEA Software Features
Some of the FMEA Software features are summarized below :
- Apportionment library for fast data entry
- Phrase library for eliminating repetitive text entry
- User-definable data fields
- Effects automatically traced through to system level
- Root contributors automatically calculated
- Extensive sorting facilities
- Data verification for consistency checks
- Severities automatically assigned
- Automatic criticality calculations
- Multiple failure effects permitted for a single failure mode
- Effects may be defined on any higher-level sub-system
- User-definable severity category libraries
- Failure detection filter facility
- Sub-projects may be linked to a master project
- Automatic data transfer from prediction modules
- Drag and drop components to the RBD module
- Spelling checker and global text replacement
- Automatic fault tree construction facility
ISO 26262 Certification
Isograph’s world leading reliability software is used widely in the Automotive industry for ISO26262 compliant safety analyses.
Our Reliability Workbench FaultTree+ and FMECA modules have been tested and certified by SGS-TÜV as suitable for safety analyses according to ISO26262.